Founded in 1990, EducAide is one of the leading suppliers of test creation software in the United States and Canada. Our mission is to bridge the gap between instruction and assessment. We do this by providing schools and districts with high-quality, standards-based materials and a publishing system that goes far beyond tests and worksheets.
EducAide's database of items is unsurpassed in size and quality—more than 300,000 items covering math, science, social studies, and language arts, including Spanish and French translations. Approximately 40,000 of our original math items are aligned to the Common Core State Standards (CCSS). In addition, we make a highly sophisticated front end to organize and print the items in various forms, such as tests or flash cards, or export them as PDF or Moodle files.
EducAide now serves about 7000 schools, mostly concentrated in California, Texas, mid-Atlantic states, and Western Canada. We publish many database modules that are collections of released items (from states or provinces). We have done extensive content development, including authoring of original questions that align to state standards.
EducAide is based in Vallejo, California.
About Our Software
EducAide's main commercial product is called Acces, "The Teacher's Database." It is part content, part application.
The content is our database modules, widely known as item banks. Currently, we offer more than 50 modules for grade 3–12 math and reading and 7 modules for high school science and social studies. About one-half of all items cover state standards—they are written specifically for that purpose, not just aligned. The other items are for traditional coursework, such as Algebra and Geometry; North Carolina and other state and regional contests; speciality subjects like SAT prep. or AP Calculus; or textbooks from other publishers, namely Addison-Wesley Canada and CORD Communications.
The application is the database and publishing "engine." It is what teachers and administrators use to select and format items, or to write and store their own. On the district level, the software is mostly used to produce benchmark tests. On the school level, it is both a productivity tool and a means of improving instruction. Teachers rave about its ease-of-use and tell us that Acces is among the most-used programs at their schools. They use it to:
- prepare students for state assessments as part of their regular instruction.
- do formative or "ongoing" assessment.
- create their own exams, review worksheets, problem-of-the-day calendars, game cards, overheads, and other classroom materials.
- enrich their curriculum with interesting and challenging problems.
- customize lessons for students with special needs.
- produce materials for Bilingual/ESL students (matching items in English and Spanish).
As a direct result of using our software, many districts (and individual teachers) have reported excellent improvement in test scores and other gains:
- closer alignment between their curriculum and state standards.
- preparation for tests that is more student-centered and activity-based.
- better integration or "spiraling" of topics.
- more focus on higher-order thinking skills.
- improved communication with parents regarding student expectations.
Please contact us for more detailed information about these results. Also, let us know if you would like to hear what users have to say about Acces or if you need teacher/administrator referrals. We can put you in touch with thousands of very satisfied customers!